My contests are normally pretty simple, but this time I'm gonna throw ya a little curve ball. If you follow me on twitter, you may remember that I joked that in The Conjuring, you'll cringe and shiver in terror as you watch ghosts desperately attempt to operate The Clapper, to no avail. See, the ghost hands clap twice in the trailer, and The Clapper was operated by clapping...nevermind. To win this contest, leave me an email address along with another television infomercial item past or present that it would be hilarious to watch an apparition futilely attempt to operate!
This contest will run until midnight on November 5th, at which time my lovely assistant will be drawing a name at random. The winner will be notified via EMAIL, so make sure you provide one with your entry. Good luck all!
The Conjuring 5 Things to know… INTERACTIVE GIFS!
1) The Conjuring is directed by the acclaimed James Wan, the Australian-born director of the fright-fests Insidious and the Saw series. His Twitter handle is @CreepyPuppet. Say no more.
2) The Conjuring has been given an “R” rating by the MPAA. Not because of blood, gore, or violence, but simply because it’s just so scary from start to finish!
3) The Conjuring’s cast and crew experienced creepy events during filming. Scratches appeared out of nowhere on Vera Farmiga’s computer soon after she agreed to act in the movie, the crew were routinely woken by something in the “witching hour” between 3 and 4AM, and the real-life Carolyn Perron fell and broke her hip while visiting the set.
4) The Rhode Island farmhouse where The Conjuring is set once belonged to an accused witch, Bathsheba, who tried to sacrifice her children to the devil and killed herself in 1863.
5) Hold your applause! The Conjuring will make you terrified to clap! Whether it’s playing a traditional game of hide-and-seek by following the clapping sounds like the mother and daughter in the movie, or being terrorized by ghostly claps in different rooms of the haunted farmhouse, these claps throughout the movie will give you the creeps!