Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Infinite Playlist - My Own Summer (Shove It)


This is probably my favorite Deftones video ever, and a perfect fit for Shark Week. It's definitely one of my favorite Deftones songs. How well I can remember being knocked to the floor in the middle of a mosh pit in Birmingham while they were performing this song, and thinking "I'm probably about to get my neck stomped on and die, but this is awesome". Luckily I was helped back to my feet before any permanent damage was done though, and I lived through the show.

This is the first single from "Around the Fur", their second full album. It was released way back in 1997, and to this day is still one of my top 3 greatest albums of all time. I love every single track, and My Own Summer is way up there toward the top of the list. Enjoy!

Shove it! Shove it! Shove it!

2 comments:

Zombie said...

Love the Deftones! Excellent pick!!

Maynard Morrissey said...

Shove it!
Shove it!
Shove it!

ah, what a song!!