Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Crash Course in Zombie Killing

Well it's here, the first and likely only campaign expansion for Valve's zombie co-op masterpiece is available for download. Disappointing that this is all we will be getting in lieu of a direct sequel coming next month, which while I'm sure will be just as good as the first, seems a bit rushed in my opinon. I'm still getting it of course, but still.

I've played through Crash Course, and despite only two chapters instead of the standard four, feels like it lasts closer to 2/3 the length instead of only half. Longer chapters, especially the first, help lengthen the experience. It begins directly after the helicopter used to escape the rooftops in No Mercy crashes in an alley. The survivors must work their way through the city, across the river via a bridge, and eventually through a truck yard where you must power up a generator in order to lower the escape vehicle, which looks like the bread truck from hell. Think Dead Wreckoning from Land of the Dead and you start to get the idea.

The content will set you back $560 MS points, and adds 10 possible achievements to the game, most of which are of course multiplayer related which all but assures that yours truly will never get most of them as I didn't really enjoy the versus play on L4D. Ah well, I'm still topping 40K by the end of the year, and I'm sure Left 4 Dead 2 will be going a long way towards helping me achieve that lofty goal.

No comments: