Monday, March 15, 2010

Since U Been Gone

Son, we live in a world that has blogs, and those blogs have to be guarded by ninjas with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Binky? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the bloggers. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved blogs. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves blogs! You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on this blog! You need me on this blog! We use words like Honor, Code, Loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent blogging something. You use them as a punchline! I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to an internet who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very blog that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "Thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a keyboard, and start a blog. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!

Now that we've got that out of the way, what's been going on? Quite a bit actually. Ok maybe not "quite" but at least a little bit has been going on. Let's get caught up, shall we?

I quit the hospital! Well, not "quit" exactly, I'm still employed there under prn status, meaning they just call me when they need me. I took a job with the T-Mobile National Return Center in LaGrange, GA as a refurb tech. This wasn't a decision I made lightly, but after a lot of thought, I decided it was time to do something else. The fact is that I was feeling stuck at Lanier, and where I was at was all I was ever going to be there, unless I did something. So, the T-Mobile thing came up and I went for it. I'm working the hours that I need in order to go back to school in the Fall, so while I may not be able to watch Chuck on Monday nights anymore, or have any sort of a social life (because I sooooo had one before, pfft), at least I'm trying to do something to better my situation. Or at least that's the plan, we'll see if it falls completely through like most of my other ones.

I quit the comic book store! This one I actually did quit, though I did offer to fill in for John when I could if he needed me to. Paying for comics sucks, but my time with my babies is limited, and there's no way I would rather be spending time in the comic book store if it's time I could be spending with them. As such my pull list took a bit of a hit, nothing too serious though. I'm still reading too much, just a little less too much.

I'm moving again! This is my last month back in Roanoke, thank "imaginary being some believe responsible for our creation". I hate it here, I hated it here before I left the first time. Nothing has changed. This place is like a cancer. I'm heading back to Valley to be closer to the kids, and at the same time I will get to do a little less driving to and from work, so it's really a win/win/win. I'm two weeks away from the move, can't wait.

I broke my mouse! In a fit of rage brought on by my missing the stupid ass UPS lady three days in a row, I decided that slamming my mouse on my computer desk would make me feel better. It worked, but now my mouse doesn't. I'm unable to right click, which SUCKS. So I'll be buying a new mouse soon. This isn't really all that important, I just wanted you to know how much harder blogging was without the ability to right click.

That's pretty much it for now I guess. I'm coming back just in time to leave again until I get internet up and running at the new place. Expect a return to most of my old favorites, yes including the infinite playlist *grumble fucking myspace grumble*, probably won't be doing comic of the week and I know you're disappointed, but we'll just have to see how it goes. The fact of the matter is, while I was quite upset over the Myspace music thing, I simply don't have anything better to do with my mornings, so I may as well write a little. I always enjoyed it, even if there's nobody out there listening. And truth be told, that's probably for the better being that I don't have anything even remotely important to say.

Enjoy yourselves and each other, until next time....

No comments: