Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Night Drive-In


Remakes, we've all had this discussion countless times before, and there's no need for me to talk about them yet again here. Let's just say, I'm not totally against them, and on occasion I even end up liking the remake as much as or better than the original. In the case of tonight's Drive-In pick, I ended up liking it just as much as the original.

Alex Aja's a personal favorite of mine, and has been since the first time I saw Haute Tension. I was really excited when I heard that he was going to remake Wes Craven's The Hills Have Eyes, which I had seen and enjoyed. Turns out Aja was more than capable, and he ended up making on hell of a movie that stands just fine on it's own, regardless of remake status. I love this movie for several reasons, but the one that really sells me on it is Doug. I fuckin love this guy. I guess I can relate to the love he feels for his baby, which leads to him taking on the mutants living in the hills all by himself to get her back. I'd totally fight an entire army of mutants for either one of my kids, wouldn't think twice about it. Anyway, sit back and prepare yourself for some good old fashioned mutant on family violence! Enjoy The Hills Have Eyes.


Mister, will you play with us?

No comments: