Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Mister Bones' Top 5

The Stanley Cup playoffs are in full swing, and I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I has the hockey fever. My Flyers are having their best season...well pretty much since I started watching hockey way back in the early 90's. Just 6 wins away from hoisting the cup! Anyway, as such I thought I'd do another hockey related Top 5, and I'm drawing inspiration from Barry Melrose's claim that the Chicago Blackhawks have the best logo/jersey in all of sports. As per usual, I disagree with Mr. Melrose, so here are my picks for the top 5 current NHL team logos.

Top 5 NHL Logos


5. Chicago Blackhawks - Barry's pick, and definitely a classic logo. This was also my first hockey jersey, so it hold some sentimental attachment for me. But why is this Indian so happy? He's a hockey player, he's not supposed to be happy.

4. San Jose Sharks - It's a shark biting a hockey stick in half. Nothing else needs to be said, other than I think I liked the original design just a little better.


3. Atlanta Thrashers - Call me biased if you want, but my "home" team sports one badass logo. I'm not entirely sure why the city of Atlanta always picks some sort of bird for their team mascots, but the Thrashers definitely have the best looking logo of the bunch. Plus, Thrash has dreads and that is awesome.

2. Nashville Predators - Another that just speaks for itself. Nashville loses a few points for calling their team the Predators and not having an actual Predator on their jerseys, but this is an almost acceptable substitute, so I can't be too mad at them.

1. Philadelphia Flyers - Go ahead, call me biased, but there isn't a logo in all of sports that gets me as hype as this one. It's classic, it's iconic, it's the logo that was on the jersey that Ron Hextall wore! Hands down the greatest logo in the NHL, and is tied only with certain university's "AU" logo as the best in sports.

Here are also a couple of my old faves, which for some reason aren't being used anymore, and have been replaced with much, much worse logos. The Buffalo Sabres jerseys from 96-06, the original Anaheim Ducks jerseys, and who could forget the Flames before they moved to Calgary from Atlanta.

No comments: