Friday, July 30, 2010

Movie Night

It's not often that I find myself in Wal-Mart and I'm actually excited about something. Today however, that's exactly what happened. There I was, minding my own business browsing the $5 dvd's, and as usual finding nothing, but then I turned around and there was a display sitting in the middle of the floor with various "double features" and the like strewn about. I normally don't even bother looking at these multi-film collections because I'm a bit of a dvd snob like that. BUT, one caught my eye, and it was so awesome that I had to look twice to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing. Can you believe, Tales From the Crypt Presents Demon Knight and Bordello of Blood all in one $7 package! I would've payed $7 each for them separately on any day, so finding them both together for that price was simply a no-brainer.

I shouldn't have to tell anybody why these are awesome, and to be honest the Crypt Keeper does a good enough job all by himself in the trailers, so if you won't take my word for it, maybe you'll take his. I will say that this movie is the very reason that to this day I think Billy Zane is awesome, and I don't care what anybody else has to say on the subject. "You fuckin' hodunk, podunk, well then there motherfuckers!!! All you had to do was gimme the goddamn key!"





And then there's the almost universally hated follow-up Bordello of Blood. Honestly I'm being serious when I say that my brother and I might be the only two people on the planet who will confess to liking this movie. What can I say? You mix vampires and one of, if not both of, the Coreys and you've got yourself a recipe for success in my humble opinion.



No comments: