Sunday, July 18, 2010

Week 3


Sunday night only got in about a half hour of play time, decided to hop back into Mass Effect 2. I added Geth to my squad, and earned the "A House Divided" achievement.

Tuesday, Def Shepard and his team embarked on the suicide mission to take down the Collectors once and for all! We lost some good people, but gained some nice achievements, "Suicide Mission", "Against All Odds", "Long Service Medal", and "Mission Accomplished" to be exact. Also worth noting is that I managed to score with Chuck's bodyguard/on again off again girlfriend! Technically it was just a video game character modeled after her, and technically it was Def Shepard that scored with her, but I'M the one who got the "Paramour" achievement and 50g... And with that, I've completed Mass Effect 2, and honestly I don't think I've ever played a better RPG, including Knights of the Old Republic. Will undoubtedly be revisiting this one before ME3 drops because I wasn't thrilled with the death of my favorite character and I'd like to rectify that mistake, the other two I lost I'm not concerned with in the least. Garrus WILL NOT DIE, best believe that.

Friday night I took advantage of Gamestop's 3 day buy 2 get 1 free sale on used games, and picked up amongst other things, NHL 10 for myself. I normally buy a hockey game every year, and the past couple years I went with the PS3 versions, but I've found that I like the 360 controller better on sports games, particularly hockey. So I laced up my skates and hit the ice for a couple hours, got "Self Sacrifice" for scoring a goal with an injured player, which is a cool little new feature where a player is hurt and the game gives you an injury report and the option to bench him or keep him in play. In my particular case, Mike Richards broke his nose, but I decided that the real Mike Richards would keep playing despite the injury, and as such virtual Mike Richards was left in the game, and went on to score a goal! I also grabbed "Look No Goalie" for scoring a goal after pulling my netminder, "Board Play" for pinning a player from the opposing team against the boards and taking the puck away from him, "Don't Let Up" for scoring 4 unanswered goals against the CPU, and "Eager to Learn" for completing the tutorial at the beginning of the game.

Decided to hit the ice again Saturday morning, only online this time as a lot of the achievements require you to do so in NHL 10. As expected, I was beaten, humiliatingly so, as not only was my opponent superior in skill level, but I had to alter my play to work at unlocking a couple of achievements. Anyway, I lost, but was successful in earning "No Offsides" and "No Icing" which are both self explanatory. I also played a match using the NHL '94 control settings, and for that I got the "New Beginnings" achievement.

Week 3 complete! I didn't play as much, but when I did, I made it count heh. I have a feeling that I'm going to be stuck on NHL for a while, and there aren't many more achievements I see in my future on that one, as most of the rest are for online play, or the "Be a Pro" mode which I never bother with. Gotta love the hockey though, and I get very addicted to these games every year. The week 3 breakdown looks like this:

Beginning Gamerscore: 48,007
Finishing Gamerscore: 48,547

Only played on 4 of the 7 days, but added 540 points! As mentioned above, more hockey this week and I should be getting Saw from Gamefly, so maybe it will make up for the lack of NHL achievements.

No comments: