Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Skeletons in my Closet

It's been noted before on several occasions that yours truly is quite the t-shirt whore. I could wear a different t-shirt every day for somewhere around 10 years at this point. I blame the internet as it's a veritable cornucopia of cheap, often poorly made, t-shirts of varying levels of awesomeness.

So I've added a few to the closet here lately, and I thought "why not post about them at the blog?", so I am. I'm even adding a new label for it.... Welcome friends, to the very first "Skeletons in the Closet" post!

For our first entry today, feast your eyes on Woot!'s "Cthulhu BBQ" shirt. For those not in the know, Woot! is one of those sites that posts a daily deal, and when it sells out, it's gone and another deal goes up the next day. They have a separate site for t-shirts, and they run weekly derbies that artists can enter designs for. Cthulhu BBQ is without a doubt the most awesome shirt to ever be featured on the site. Some of you may even remember my begging for votes for it back when the derby was running. Well it didn't win (thanks for nothing fuckers!) but thankfully one of the editors at Woot! was intelligent enough to recognize awesome when he saw it, and made it an editor's choice.

Second, another recent Woot! purchase, "Head Shot". This one wasn't part of a derby, just one of their random posted designs. It's a zombie target thingie for target practice, and well that more than made it worth my $10. Plus I really dig the art. I'm finding so far that the regular folk in my hometown aren't quite sure what to make of it though, and being that I live in a small Alabama town, with plenty of people who hunt and fire weapons for fun and entertainment, the idea of walking around with a target on my chest may not be the smartest one I've ever had. Though admittedly it does add an element of danger that I find is generally missing when I get dressed in the morning. So bonus points for that!

And finally, my most recent acquisition, Dark Horse's "Eye Heart Creepy" shirt. Everybody remember Creepy? The mag from the 60's that was like Tales From the Crypt only better and not from EC? Creepy had lots of Frazetta covers and lots of Bernie Wrightson interiors, and both are factors leading towards my hearting of Creepy. Dark Horse has just recently started reprinting Creepy in hardcover collections, and also started up a brand new Creepy comic, which Eric Powell is contributing to, and yup, you guessed it, I heart it too.

2 comments:

J. Astro said...

these are all awesome shirts, friend! My only problem with T's is that I am fucking enormous and I usually have a total shit of a time finding things in my "XXX" range. Time to lose some weight, I guess. "sigh"... although admittedly, I am tall, as well, so that's part of my problem. Regardless, I get tired of t-shirt makers assuming that everyone is some twinkly little size 'medium' emo kid. Bah!

Mister Bones said...

I feel your pain sir, while I'm more of an XL man, I tend to buy mine larger because I refuse to let go of that "baggy clothing" phase. Comfort it comfort regardless of trend!

Yeah I hear you on the skinny emo kid thing too, I won't even bother going into Hot Topic anymore, I can only drool at their gaming and horror shirts from the window. Every shirt in there has that "slim fit" sticker displayed prominently on it. Bastards!