Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Comic of the Week 10/21

And yet another expensive week for Batman readers. Not that I'm complaining, I don't pay money for my comics anyway, but I feel for those of you who do. This stuff is getting out of hand. This week also marks the return of an old favorite of mine, though in name only, as the new Azrael gets his own series, and the Justice League gets a much needed kick in the ass from the new creative team of Mark "everybody will look like they're either teenagers or children" Bagley and James "I wrote Starman so worship me" Robinson! Excitement abound for sure, but it's my love for holiday themed specials that gets my pick of the week.

Comic of the Week

As mentioned I love me a holiday special, but I also love me an out of continuity anthology, and we all know about how much I love me some Halloween, so when DC puts all of these things together, then color me happy. 80 glorious pages of spooktacular thrills, including over 10 spine tingling stories, plus witness how Bizarro celebrates Halloween on Bizarroworld, which of course is worth the money by itself for me. The DCU Halloween Special for 2009 is upon us! Rejoice and read the solicit!

Darkness falls across the land as the DC Universe faces its greatest horror in this Halloween special filled with all-new stories! Watch as Guy Gardner continues his quest to share Halloween with the cosmos and his fellow alien Green Lantern Corps members. In another tale, Red Robin finds the true, deadly meaning of the sinister holiday while overseas on his quest to find Bruce Wayne. Meanwhile, Bizarro receives neither trick nor treat in his own backwards celebration of the spookiest night of the year on his home world. Plus, 10 other ghoulish tales to fill you with fright this Halloween!

Honorable mentions for Batman vs an invisible mad scientist in Batman The Unseen #2, Ma Kent is gonna get crunk on zombie Lois Lane in Blackest Night Superman #3, and give Azrael #1 a look for nostalgia's sake of for nothing else.

The Pull List
  • Amazing Spider-man #609
  • Azrael #1
  • Batman Confidential #35
  • Batman Streets of Gotham #5
  • Batman the Unseen #2
  • Blackest Night Superman #3
  • Brave and the Bold #28
  • DCU Halloween Special 2009
  • Deadpool Merc With a Mouth #4
  • Elephantmen #22
  • Justice League of America #38
  • Outsiders #23
  • Superman/Batman #65

No comments: