Friday, February 18, 2011

Birthday Shenanigans

Another year older, and deeper in debt...but that didn't stop my birthday from being awesome! Despite my overall contempt of my fellow man, and general grumpiness, and lonerish tendencies, I still somehow find myself surrounded by some genuinely awesome and caring people. They are able to see past all my snark and smart-assiness and love me despite all my flaws. I thought I'd post some of the highlights as a thank you that almost none of them will see as they likely have no clue that I even have a blog!

First up, my cake, which I had absolutely no clue I was getting until I got to work. Do the people I work with know me, or what?



I also got a card, and my traditional gigantic bag of Jolly Ranchers, which as has been publicly stated on many an occasion, are my kryptonite. I am unable to resist their multicolored, fruit flavory reign over my helpless taste buds.

Friends came through with the following assortment of badassery:


This is my PS3 controller, now sporting attachments to the L2 and R2 buttons, magically transforming them into triggers. The main reason I have always preferred shooters on Xbox is because of the triggers on back of the controller. These most definitely make playing shooters on PS3 more fun, to me anyway. I originally saw them on a friend's controller and instantly became overwhelmingly jealous. So what does she do? She goes out of her way to buy me a set of my own and then MAIL them to me. Wow is all I can say.


This is the poster from Auburn's National Championship celebration at Jordan Hare Stadium all framed up and ready to hang on one of my mostly barren walls. This is a beautiful poster, and I'm really looking forward to hanging it up to rub in the faces of any Bammers who may find themselves visiting my humble abode.


This is one of my most favorite gifts ever, a Neal Adams Batman print. We all know Neal is my all-time favorite Batman artist, so anything by him is an absolute perfect gift for yours truly. As you can see, I don't have a frame for it yet, but you can bet I will have one soon, and this will be on permanent display in the Batcave.

Next up, yet another achilles heel of mine, t-shirts! I have enough to clothe a third world country, and yet I STILL don't have enough. This first one is so me, that I don't even think anybody else ever needs to have one. There should only be this one, and it is mine.

Now if I only had a mask to wear with it....

And the gift that my wonderful children picked out for me rounds out the t-shirt category. Again, this one is so me, and even goes a long way towards proving that maybe my kids really are listening sometimes.


So this is the front, which obviously asks the question "Have you seen my zombie?" To which a person is supposed to respond "Why no, I haven't seen your zombie." At which point you pull the shirt up over your head to reveal this:


And then you growl and make zombie noises and such, thus hilarity ensues.God, I love my kids.

Finally, the card, which I have to say just might be the greatest one I've every gotten. I generally get cards that make some attempt at humor about my age, and I may chuckle, or give a courtesy laugh just for the person who gave me the card, likely thinking it would be the funniest thing I'd ever seen, but this time I literally laughed out loud. 


The front, featuring a Tie-Fighter and the text "A long, long, long time ago..." and I'm thinking at this point that I know EXACTLY where this is going, so the laughter is already building up, and sure enough I open the card, the Star Wars theme starts blasting,  and there it is...


Hilarious.I also got other cards and some money from family and stuff, some of which I used to buy myself Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and oh boy is that game fun. So as you can see, turning 33 was pretty good to me. Big heartfelt THANK YOU'S to everyone who took the time to think of me and send birthday wishes, it meant a lot to me.

4 comments:

J. Astro said...

Happy belated b-day, m'man.

Unknown said...

:-)

Drake Sigar said...

Sounds like you made off like a bandit. Happy Birthday!

Does that ninja shirt have anything to do with Askaninja.com?

AndrewG said...

cool batman stuff, i normally hate when people are obsessed with batman but this is tolerable and entertaining