Sunday, November 18, 2012

Movie Night - St. James St. James double feaure!

In an effort to make my Sunday even more awesome, before tonight's episode of The Walking Dead, I'm gonna do a St. James St. James double feature of Poolboy: Drowning out the Fury and FDR American Badass. It's something I've been meaning to get around to since I got my copy of FDR, and today I have decided is the day.


I loved Poolboy from the first time I saw the cover art on Netflix. Kevin Sorbo, Danny Trejo, and Al Boreland from Home Improvement gets buck at a pool party, dual wielding shotguns. If it sounds like pure fucking insanity, it's because it is. It's also hilarious.


For as incredibly nuts as Poolboy is, FDR tops is in almost every possible way. It takes the insanity, hilarity, and vulgarity and ups it by 1000%. This is a movie about Franklin Delano Roosevelt kicking Nazi Werewolf ass from his wheelchair equipped with mounted mini-guns. And somehow, it still manages to make even less sense than that sounds like it should. The cast is incredible, Barry Bostwick, Lin Shaye, Ray Wise, Kevin Sorbo, Richard Riehle, just to name a few. This is hands down one of the most entertaining movies I've seen this year, in fact the dvd just released on September 25th, and tonight will already be my fifth viewing.


Director Garrett Brawith has officially cemented himself as someone who's work I will be keeping up with from here on out. These movies won't be for everybody obviously, but for those of us who get it, movies don't get much better. 

No comments: