Saturday, June 30, 2012

Movie Night - Because Tromeric told me to...

So recently, Tromeric of Guts and Grog fame posted Bloody Disgusting's Ultimate Horror Movie Challenge, in which they listed 61 horror films, and asked you to score yourself one point for every one you've seen. He posted this on his personal facebook page, not the G&G one, so don't go looking for it. I saw it because we're fb friends..yep, we're tight like that. Anyway, I ended up scoring an embarrassing 59 out of 61, with the only two I missed being A Tale of Two Sisters and Oldboy.

Of course I know of the existence of both, and have been told before that I would like them, I just never got around to watching them. Honestly, back in the early 2000's I was so into J-horror that I actually burned myself out on it, which is why I just never got the itch to check these out. Fast forward to last night, I was surfing Netflix on the old PS3, and what do I come across in the "Foreign Films" section? Why, Oldboy and A Tale of Two Sisters, of course. Couldn't watch anything last night, as it was late and I had to be up early to pick up my bro at the airport at ass-thirty this morning. Tonight is a different story though!


First up, I think I'm going to tackle Oldboy. While I do enjoy me a good brutally violent revenge flick, this one has it's work cut out for it. See, I've already seen and own a copy of I Saw the Devil, and it's one hell of a brutally violent revenge flick. Still, I've had too many people tell me that I will love this, most of whom I can generally trust to steer me in the right direction movie-wise, so looking forward to finally checking this out.










A Tale of Two Sisters will probably finish my night off. Honestly I don't know a lot about it, other than it's a ghost story, and involves two sisters. Judging by the other films on Bloody Disgusting's list, I like the company this one keeps, so I'm hoping for greatness, even though I'm admittedly a little burned out on ghost flicks at the moment. Fingers crossed.











Big thanks to Tromeric for sharing the article! After these, I will be 100% on Bloody Disgusting's list, and all will be right with the world again. Until the next list comes out, of course. 

No comments: