Monday, April 13, 2009

Do It Yourself!

Normally we don't do arts and crafts here in the Batcave. Sure, sometimes I like to make things, or add a little something to an already existing product to make it super awesome or something, but rarely do I discuss these things here.

However, in an attempt to get caught up in the Twilight mania sweeping Hot Topic's around the country, I've decided to share with all my dear readers my super-easy, fun method for creating your very own Twilight vampire!

Step 1.

Get yourself an emo kid. This is undoubtedly the most important step, as without one of these all you end up with is a mess. You can find these around high schools and college campuses all around the country. You might also try a local non-chain coffee shop or book store. Of course if all else fails, Hot Topic is almost always a safe bet, but you might have a hard time choosing just one. Tight fitting black clothing is preferred, and a pasty white complexion is a must.

Step 2.

Glue, lots and lots of glue. Completely cover your emo kid with the stuff. Stay away from sensitive areas such as the nose, mouth, and eyes unless you're both extremely concerned with undead authenticity and a master of necromancy. While most glues will suffice, I recommend something like model airplane glue or super glue. Stay away from wood glue and paste, and under no circumstance should you ever substitute any sort of tape or other adhering products.

Step 3.
Apply a generous coating of glitter. For best results, be sure to add the glitter before the glue completely dries. Don't worry about any that hits the floor, simply sweep it up and re-apply. Also feel free to add more glue to areas that are looking less glittery than others. You want him to absolutely sparkle when the sunlight hits him.

And that's all there is to it. When you finish, you should have something that looks close to this:


Well this was more fun than I thought! Maybe I should do more of these DIY posts, I can make all kids of stuff from everyday, around the house materials. I suppose next time I could show you guys how to make a Bronadian.

No comments: