Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Infinite Playlist - A Two'Fer!

Ok so apparently I'm not supposed to put the apostrophe in "Two'fer" it's spelled "twofer" but that shit doesn't look right, and being that I'm all about apostrophe's up in here, I'm officially changing the spelling. Anyway, a special he said/she said Tool edition of Infinite Playlist this week! You're excited already, I can tell.



I had this discussion Saturday night with a member of the fairer sex who obviously has impeccable taste in music, and while we agreed on Tool being like the greatest band of all time (other than Mudvayne of course), we weren't in agreement on which song was their best. Now to be fair, no mere mortal could ever be expected to pick a single Tool track as their best ever, but we all have our personal preferences. I ended up not being able to decide between the ones we picked for which would end up on the Infinite Playlist, so I decided to pick both.

First up is her choice, Aenima from the album...wait for it.... Aenima! As a bonus this time, you not only get the track, you get the video as well. By bonus I of course mean that I couldn't find just the song, and as such was forced to embed the vid.


Aenima - Tool

And now for my choice, Eulogy, which is actually from the same album, however does not share the same name as the album. I've probably heard this song somewhere around 37 billion times over the years, and I never get tired of it. The only thing I've done in life more than listen to this song is breathe. In a shocking turn of events, costing Imeem some precious cool points, I was saddended to discover that not only was the song not there, but no video was present either. However I've never let you down in the past, and I'm not about to start now. I've checked Youtube scoured the internet in an effort to bring this song to you, and as usual found success. Once again, who loves ya baby?



And there ya have it, I'll leave it up to you to decide which one of us is closer to being right. It's undoubtedly her.

2 comments:

threels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
threels said...

gonna have to side with you on this one. I prefer Eulogy.

I did like the video for Aenima, though. Sort of Twin Peaks meets Cube meets Alien, directed by Tim Burton.