Saturday, June 26, 2010

Countdown to 50k!


This time last year, I made a commitment to push my Xbox Live gamerscore past 40k by the end of the year. I was somewhere around 37k when I set the goal. If I were still strictly a 360 gamer, this wouldn't have even been a challenge, but being that I split my gaming pretty much 50/50 between the 360 and PS3 I thought it might be a little tougher to achieve.

It ended up being not much trouble. I think I ended the year around 43k or in that ballpark. So here we are at the halfway mark of 2010, and I'm sitting at 47,247...I'm sure you can see where this is headed. That's right folks, I'm gonna shoot for 50k. Only this time I'm not going to be giving myself such a generous time cushion, I want 50k by Halloween. Still probably generous, but it's better than 6 months right?

I'm not entirely sure what games I'll be playing for the remainder of this year. Mass Effect 2 is currently taking up almost all of my 360 gaming time, Metro 2033 will likely be next and Lost Planet 2 at some point after that. Most of the bigger titles I'll be playing on PS3, so we'll see how it goes. In any event I'll be updating here as I go along, so everybody start placing bets on whether or not I fail at yet another goal I've set for myself!

No comments: