Friday, July 16, 2010

Movie Night

So I've heard a lot about this guy Ryan Nicholson, but I've never had the opportunity to watch any of his films. Thanks in part to my movie partner in crime Linde, and Netflix, tonight I'll finally get my first exposure to the twisted shenanigans that apparently run rampant through Nicholson's work.

Hanger has officially, and completely unexpectedly, landed on Netflix Instant view, and I quickly added it to the queue. However I'm going to give Gutterballs a watch first, as I'm finding it's his best reviewed. If I like these two, I'll more than likely be doing whatever I can to get my hands/eyes on his entire library.

I normally talk a little about the films I'm watching on Movie Night, but then I've usually seen them dozens of times. Being that I've never seen either of these, I'll just let Amazon take it from here.

From the director of LIVE FEED comes the most outrageous, gross-out flick of the year! A brutally sadistic rape leads to a series of bizarre gory murders during a midnight disco bowl-a-rama at a popular bowling alley. One by one, players of two teams meet blood-drenched gruesome deaths at the hand of a black bowling-gloved masked killer. This alley will run red with blood by sunrise and the shocking twist that reveals the killer will shock even the most jaded viewer!

From Ryan Nicholson, the acclaimed writer-director of the cult hit Gutterballs, comes this gruesome horror tale in which revenge is sweet and sick and twisted and definitely served cold a balls-to-the-wall story of vengeance and murder that rises to new heights of perverse action and macabre behavior. Eighteen years ago, nine-months-pregnant Rose (B-Movie Hall of Fame acting legend Debbie Rochon), a wrong-side-of-the-tracks prostitute, was killed when her pimp gave her an abortion with a hanger. Now, the deformed, surviving child (Nathan Dashwood, TV s Smallville ), who was thrown in the dumpster, left for dead and mockingly called Hanger, is about to settle the score and any street trash, sex degenerate of murderous pimp better beware.

1 comment:

J. Astro said...

Aaaah, GUTTERBALLS - a true minor-league classic. The most unlikable, unfriendly, hard-to-get along with cast of slasher victims in any movie, ever. Plus gratuitous rape-age and a little bit of extra graphic content to boot. I hated Nicholson's LIVE FEED but GUTTERBALLS, while not actually a "good" movie, is at least a worthwhile curiosity. Enjoy!'

(Never heard of HANGER, btw. You should totally regale us with a review of it when the time is right)