Thursday, July 29, 2010

Villains of the DCU Joker bust

I promised this a while back, but have since then been through 3 different phones, so I apologize for the delay. I know you were all very excited about seeing more pics of my toys.

So here's DC Direct's "Villains of the DC Universe Joker bust". I gotta say, it looks identical to the picture in Previews, which sadly isn't always the case, and is absolutely gorgeous. I love the pose, I love the Jack-in-the-Box, and the sculpt is really well done.



It looks like they went with the Joker from Grant Morrison's current Batman stuff, which is a bit of a cross between the traditional Joker, and the Dark Knight movie Joker with the scarred mouth. I guess that's ok, though I like regular old Joker just fine. He's scary enough without adding horrendous scars to his mouth and face.



The bust is based off of the art of Gary Frank, who as you might remember, I believe is a God of some sort. He is being SORELY missed on the Superman books right now. I don't know that I've ever seen his Joker before though, and after buying this bust, I'd definitely like to see more.



And that's the Villains of the DCU Joker bust. A fine addition to the Batcave in my opinion. This is only my second Joker statue, but is my favorite by far.



Next up should be the Villains of the DCU Bizarro bust that I ordered, which will by my 3rd Bizarro statue. It's also based on a Gary Frank design, and thus will be amazing. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

I love the knocked down L'il Joker Happy Meal toy. I have that toy too. Creepiest kids' toy ever.

Mister Bones said...

Hah! Yeah that little bastard refuses to stand up. I just let him lay there.