Friday, March 18, 2011

Flyers visit Atlanta, Mister Bones follows.

Mister Bones loves the hockey. Mister Bones loves the Thrashers. Mister Bones REALLY loves the Philadelphia Flyers though. Last night I took a trip to Philips Arena in Atlanta to see my Flyers once again battle the Thrashers. It's always weird going into my home stadium wearing the opposition's jersey, but the Flyers are the only team I will root for over Atlanta. That being said, I also went in kinda torn as to who I really wanted to get the victory. On the one hand, I always want my Flyers to win, but on the other hand, the Thrashers are playing with desperation to get into the playoffs, so they need every point they can get right now. Philly is sitting atop the Eastern Conference, with playoffs guaranteed already.

In the end, I couldn't have been happier with how the game played out. The Flyers scored to tie the game at 3 with 1:24 left to force overtime, which guaranteed both teams at least one point. With the game still tied after the overtime period, we went to the shootout. The Thrashers ended up winning the shootout and getting the two points, with the Flyers going away with one. Good stuff, and while I'm always disappointed when the Flyers lose, I suppose this one time it's ok. I have pics again, and this time they aren't all of the ice girls! Also note, I'm not sure if you can tell or not, but my favorite players are always the goalies. Enjoy.










1 comment:

Unknown said...

This will be hard to beat as the best St. Patrick's Day everrr!