Monday, March 21, 2011

Red Twilight Hood


Last night I gave Red Riding Hood a watch. This one will be pretty short, as I really don't have much to say about it. I basically knew what I was getting myself into, so it's hard to fault the movie for being pretty much what I expected. Was I disappointed? Sure, but I was disappointed far before I ever watched the movie. If you've seen any of the trailers or tv spots, you've seen the movie. It's little more than a holdover for the Twilight fans of the world to spend their money on before the next movie in that series is released. If you can watch Red Riding Hood knowing that and not expecting it to be a horror movie in any way, you might find a little entertainment.

Me? I was highly entertained, but then I watched it because Amanda Seyfried is absolutely gorgeous, and I would watch absolutely anything if I knew she was going to be in it. Even if it was just a cameo. I would watch a Nicolas Cage movie if I knew she was going to be in it.That's dedication, people. If there's a filmmaker out there reading this, PLEASE do me a favor and write a romantic horror/superhero/supernatural horror/sports/comedy drama starring me as the Range Rover driving male lead in the middle of a torrid love triangle with Amanda Seyfried and Katharine Isabelle. Not only would the movie triple Avatar's box office money, but I could die a happy man. You want me to be happy, don't you?


Aside from miss Seyfried, I took absolutely nothing away from this one. Not even Gary Oldman could help turn it around. The big bad wolf did nothing for me, as it was a "werewolf" in the same vein as Twilight, slightly larger than a regular wolf and absolutely nothing "were" about him. I suppose he was animated well enough, but with only a few minutes of screen time, it was hard to tell. There wasn't a lot of action, there was almost no blood, and I'm fairly certain the only way I could've really enjoyed Red Riding Hood is if I was a 12 year old girl. Unless you're obsessed with Amanda Seyfried like I am, skip this one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice article! I saw one trailer for that movie and immediately dismissed it. I went to watch Battle: LA and even though I like that type of movie I was disappointed. I am just developing high standards for the movies I watch... I am looking forward to Super 8, though.

end_is_nigh said...

yeah, no part of this movie even looked appealing. Maybe if it shows up on my netflix instant queue; of course, one mention of "werewolf" and I'm immediately uninterested.

Mister Bones said...

See, aside from Miss Seyfried, the word "werewolf" was the only appeal here for me.