Saturday, April 25, 2009

Another Disappointing Season

Well it's official, my Flyers are out of the playoffs. Again. Defeated by the rival Pittsburgh Penguins. Again. Today's game was especially aggravating as early in the second period we were up 3-0, had everything going our way and all of a sudden there was a fight, and the entire fucking game just changed. I don't have a clue how it happened, but after the brawl it was like watching a different team. Play was sloppy at both ends of the ice, we took several STUPID penalties, and started committing turnovers like crazy. The Pens would go on to score 5 un-answered including the empty netter that was the final nail in our coffin.

You would think that over the years I would've grown accustomed to this disappointment as the Flyers haven't made it past the Eastern Conference Finals since, oh I don't know, 1978 or so. But I fall for it every single year, I get all wrapped up in the playoffs, Philly is always in it, always. I think they've missed the playoffs once since I started watching hockey and that was in 06. I honestly don't know which would is worse, being a Flyers fan and watching them lose it at the end every year, or being a Thrashers fan and watching them lose all year long.

But oh well, I guess there's always next year. I just hope the powers that be take this off-season and make some necessary line-up changes beginning with goal tending. We could also use another goal scorer or two, being that it's hard to win games when you're only putting up 2 goals on average. Another season, another disappointment. Let's go Fl...ah fuck it.

No comments: