Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Comic of the Week 6/10

Well things get back to normal this week as I get more than 2 new comics! Looks more like one of my regular weeks, with mostly DC but some Dark Horse and Image thrown in for good measure. This week was kinda hard to pick, simply because there isn't anything that really screams "READ ME NOW!". I've decided on Flash Rebirth #3 based simply on the fact that Geoff Johns writes wonderful comic books, and from the cover it would appear that Superman and Flash will race, and that's always a good time.

Comic of the Week


Confession time, I'm not a long-time Flash reader. You're surprised, I can tell. It's not that I don't like Flash, he's cool, I just never got into his solo book before Johns' first run on it, which I loved. I even stuck around for the post-Johns era for a while but to say that those books were bad is an understatement. He's back now, as is Barry Allen, but there's strangeness afoot as whenever he comes into contact with other speedsters, they die. Good stuff so far, I'm looking forward to where this is going. Mr. solicit says...

"At last, the answer to the question that's plagued DC fans for decades: Who's faster, Superman or The Flash? Call your bookie and bet the farm, because you've never seen a run like this, and if speedsters keep dying at the pace they're going, you might never see another one again!"

Honorable mentions this week for Tim Drake sporting his new look in Red Robin #1, and Robert Kirkman's Walking Dead #62 simply because the book absolutely never disappoints.

The Pull List
  • Absolution #0
  • Amazing Spider-man #597
  • Batman #687
  • Batman Confidential #30
  • Billy Batson and the Magic of Shazam #5
  • BPRD War on Frogs #3
  • Doktor Sleepless #12
  • Flash Rebirth #3
  • Green Lantern Corps #37
  • Red Robin #1
  • Walking Dead #62

No comments: