Friday, October 29, 2010

The Halloween DVD motherload!

Well, this last week of October certainly hasn't been a disappointment in the dvd department. I started the week off by grabbing Splice and the new Nightmare on Elm Street (which yes, I hated, but I have every other movie in the series so there really was no way I wasn't buying this one too) at Best Buy for $10 each on Monday.

Then on Tuesday a trip to Wal-Mart would tempt me with one of those combo packs with four movies in one package, which I normally wouldn't buy because I like my movies to be separate, with their own cases and all the artwork intact, but this one I simply had to have. I picked it up and put it down at least 20 times, but with a line-up like Creep, Drive Thru, Boy Eats Girl, and Tamara all for $5, it eventually won our war of wills. I'm weak I tell you, weak!

And finally, this weekend a local Video Warehouse apparently had all of it's managerial staff go insane and run a 3 day sale with all of their previously viewed dvd's 10 for $20. After two separate trips, here's what I ended up with:

  • Grace
  • Deadgirl
  • 9
  • The Exorcism of Emily Rose
  • Paranormal Activty
  • Altered
  • Coraline
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • The Midnight Meat Train
  • Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
  • My Bloody Valentine
  • Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning
  • Cabin Fever
  • Cabin Fever 2
  • Dead End
  • Jack O'Lantern
  • Shrooms
  • Star Wars: The Clone Wars
  • Santa's Slay
  • Wolf Creek

Most of these I've already seen and liked, but either never planned to buy, or just never got around to it, but for $2 each, I couldn't pass them up. Clone Wars I picked up for the kids, Paranormal Craptivity I got simply to see if they actually put the name "Mitch Chickentoes" in the credits, and I never got around to buying the Ed Norton Hulk film which I thought while still not perfect, was 1,000 times better than that Ang Lee atrocity. I gotta support the comic book movies though.

Overall, I'm very please with what I got for my $55. It's always good to pad the collection with both quality and quantity, especially when it can be done so cheaply. Feel free to leave your comments of burning jealousy below, I'll get around to reading them after I've watched all of my new movies.

1 comment:

Drake Sigar said...

"Clone Wars I picked up for the kids"

Good cover. :)