Sunday, October 24, 2010

I know the coolest people in the world.

Oh, it's true. For an anti-social bastard who hates everything and everybody, I'm lucky enough to have some of the most wonderful people in my life. As such, I think it's time to do another "thank you" shout-out post, one of which is long overdue.

First, the one that I'm shamefully late on. This summer was one of the most stressful I've ever been through, and that's saying something, but in the middle of it all I managed to close on a home. The ink had barely dried on the paperwork when my girl Lissa (whom I refer to as Betty, for obvious reasons) brought me my very first house-warming gift, a hand-made zombie to live in my kitchen. This guy is easily one of the coolest decorations in my house. He looks a little "Dia De Los Muertos"-ish, and that's perfectly awesome in my book. Click Betty's link to check out her brand new blog, Lissa's Shop of Horrors which we creatively collaborated on in the name department *ahem*I'm a genius*cough*, just keep your hands to yourself, mkay?




Yesterday, my bestest friend in the world, Threels, came by with another house-warming gift, and there are few words that accurately describe it's awesomeness. Threels is a crafty one, and recently took a class on stained glass art. Me being the kind of person I am, I of course used this as a means to beg for cool things to hang up in my house. Case in point, my latest decoration, a stained glass skull. Once again, a nod to Dia De Los Muertos, and possibly Lucha Libre wrestling if you like. She also made me my first apartment-warming gift last year when I moved back to Roanoke, a Batman Begins style stained glass Bat symbol. I recommend giving her blog, Passing Fair, a look, and it won't even take much of your time as her annual posts, while always entertaining, won't require a huge commitment.



Huge thank you's for both of these ladies for the super cool gifts. For me, little things like this go a long way toward turning a house into a home, and I can't express my gratitude enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww :) I must say, Sparky... This public display of affection and appreciation is very sweet! For someone as "hardcore" as yourself. Hehe.

And this is the exact reason you don't need to bitch about people giving you gifts! I've changed my mind about the dvd stand for Xmas, I'll just have to come across another unique find to top the zombie...

PS. Tell Linde I want a skull!
Muah! ;)<3