Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mister Bones' Top 5

What's better than Friday the 13th movies? Friday the 13th comics! Ok, so maybe that's not entirely true, as just as in movie tie-in gaming, movie tie-in comics are usually not all that great. True to form though, I buy anything Jason related that I can get my hands on, be it horrible NES games, or not so great comic books.

They're not ALL bad though, and I would even go so far as to say I actually enjoyed quite a bit of the most recent Friday comics from Wildstorm/DC. I'm looking at you, Abuser and the Abused. One thing though that's impossible to argue is that while the writing was hit or miss, there was some seriously nice art that came out of the run. And with that, it's top 5 time!

Top 5 Friday the 13th Comic Covers


5. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash: The Nightmare Warriors #1 by Arthur Suydam





4. Friday the 13th: Pamela's Tale #2 by Dustin Nguyen


3. Friday the 13th #1 by Ryan Sook


2. Friday the 13th: Abuser and the Abused by Brandon Badeaux



 1. Friday the 13th #1 variant cover by Tim Bradstreet


So there are my picks for the top 5. There are lots of other great covers though, and picking just 5 turned out to be pretty difficult. Being that I mentioned earlier in the week that I was a fan of Altitude director Kaare Andrews' art, and being that Kaare also did a couple of Friday the 13th covers, I thought just this once I'd throw in a little bonus pick. Below if Kaare's cover to How I Spent my Summer Vacation #1. Love it, and it almost made the top 5 cut, but fell just short due to Arthur Suydam's beautiful painted art for FvJvA.


Bonus! Friday the 13th: How I Spent my Summer Vacation #1 by Kaare Andrews

No comments: