Friday, January 7, 2011

Batman's Worst Day Ever.

Been doing more unpacking/cleaning/throwing out shit since I currently find myself employmentally challenged. It's amazing how much cool shit I forgot I had! I also found most of my sketch pads, so I figured I might start actually posting some stuff for my "wasting paper" tag. Initially the idea behind it was to just post stuff that I had done, no matter how mediocre it may be, but I have since changed my mind.

As we all know, the internets are absolutely full of artists, both amateur and professional, and by just doing a random search on any number of image sites you can really come across some awesome stuff. So my plan is to expand "wasting paper" to highlight art that I find and dig, done by people who are most certainly not wasting paper, unlike myself.

Gonna break back into this with one that I did though. This is a sketch I did with a Sharpie at work one day last year, when I undoubtedly should've been doing something far more important. But this was more fun. I went on a Jason tear for a while, as he is fairly easy to doodle, being that he doesn't really show any of the things that have historically given me trouble, hair, eyes, teeth, etc. I got my inner 13 year old working, and thought it might be pretty cool if Jason fought Batman. So here's what I came up with...


































For some reason Jason's mask here appears to be wearing it's "angry eyes", which I think was a subconscious nod to Todd McFarlane and his predilection for Spidey's mask changing to show emotion. Either that, or I just thought it looked cooler. So anyway, welcome back to Wasting Paper! If any of you artistically gifted chaps would like to tackle the "Jason vs. Batman" subject matter, I'd love to see what you come up with.

5 comments:

Brandon Cackowski-Schnell said...

Your Batman pencil drawing is proudly displayed in my basement, framed and everything.

J. Astro said...

Frickin' sweeeeet!

Unknown said...

I love this! I think you should post another one of your own, weekly. I know you prolly won't but still...

Lissa Lycan said...

I think you should do a zombie Betty Boop... I know someone who would love that...

DrunkethWizerd said...

Cool drawing! That'd make a cool short film too...