Sunday, January 16, 2011

Black Swan

I'm no movie critic, we all know this. So any attempt at writing about Black Swan would just demonstrate my obvious lack of talent when it comes to writing a movie review. I don't want that, you don't want that, and the internet is already full of people with little to no talent who fancy themselves critics. Besides, there's nothing I could say about Black Swan that you haven't read elsewhere, or surmised for yourself if you've seen it.


Believe me though, it's everything you've read or heard. It's fantastic, Natalie Portman has never been more impressive, Mila Kunis turns in a breakout performance, and if the Academy ignores this one when it comes time to consider Best Picture, I'll lose all my faith in humanity. Do not miss this movie.

3 comments:

Drake Sigar said...

Heard a lot of good things about this one, I might end up getting it on DVD.

“and the internet is already full of people with little to no talent who fancy themselves critics.”

Indeed, down with these delusional talentless hacks. *Shifty eyes*

Lissa Lycan said...

The trailer creeped me out a little, but I keep hearing good things about this movie. I may get around to watching it at some point.

Unknown said...

I think Black Swan deserves best picture over The Social Network. Aronofsky was snubbed for The Wrestler but Black Swan is just a beautifully creepy masterpiece!