Monday, January 10, 2011

Game Time


No more talk, no more haters, no more speculation, this is IT. Tonight is the night, my #1 Auburn Tigers vs the #2 team in the nation, the Oregon Ducks for the BCS college football national championship. I know I should say things like "win or lose, it's been a great year" or "I'm just glad we made it this far", or even "who cares about this one, we fucking beat Alabama, that's all that counts". Well, yes, all of those things are true, but I want this bad, guys. It feels like a once in a lifetime chance, and to be perfectly honest I need a win right now. I shouldn't care this much about a football game, in fact other than the fact that I grew up in my father's house and he attended Auburn University, I'm not even sure why I care so much, but I do.

So lets' go tonight Tigers, win one for Bonesy! I'll still love you if you don't, but this is like "Make-a-Wish Foundation" important to me right now, so do your best, mkay?


War Eagle, fly down the field.
Ever to conquer, never to yield.
War Eagle, fearless and true.
Fight on, you orange and blue.
Go! Go! Go!
On to vict'ry, strike up the band.
Give 'em hell, give 'em hell;
Stand up and yell, Hey! War Eagle win for Auburn,
Power of Dixie Land! 

No comments: