Monday, January 3, 2011

Bonesys - Random

Our final day of my little awards celebration is finally here. Please, hold back your tears, if you can. I only have a few random awards that I wanted to hand out, most of which will hold little to no meaning to anyone other than me. Of course, you could argue that this is the case with every single other Bonesy I've awarded so far, but that would just be mean of you to point out. Believe me, I know already. Your random Bonesy Awards...


Most Awkward Commercial to Watch With Your Family/Children

Seriously, when the hell did it become ok to advertise vibrators personal massagers on regular television at 4 in the afternoon? I wonder if anybody at TBS has ever had their 6 year old ask them "why that lady's hair is blowing back like that?" because I have, and it's awkward. Congrats Trojan "Triphoria" Massager commercial, you managed to make me more uncomfortable watching Friends re-runs than any other advertiser! Here's your Bonesy!



Best Television Show

You already know what my favorite show was this year if you've been reading my blog since October, one of my most favorite comics translated pretty well to television courtesy of Frank Darabont and AMC. Unfortunately the first season was only 6 episodes, and there's gonna be an excruciatingly wait until October '11 for season 2. At least I'll have the comic to read to keep me occupied.












Best Blog "Meme" or Whatever that I Participated In


This year I actually did 2 blog meme things (I really don't know what the hell you're supposed to call them), but I did the Halloween one, which I think got the most comments of any single post I did this year, undoubtedly due to the fact that there was a picture of me at my devastatingly handsomest, sporting a mighty playoff beard for the hockey. And then there was the other one I did not all that long ago, where I asked to be a part of Mr. Astro's Squatchfest 2010. I had a blast watching Harry and the Hendersons with my kids, and despite being nervous about having something I wrote show up anywhere other than here, I think it turned out pretty well. It's definitely something I enjoyed, and would do again.

Favorite Website

Every once in a while I come across a website that actually makes me glad the internets exist. Not often, but sometimes. "Hot Chicks in Batman Shirts" is a shining example of why I'm happy to pay for my internet connection month after month. Do yourself a favor and visit here.





Favorite Youtube Video

I don't even watch Family Guy anymore but for whatever reason this year I caught the Xmas episode, and laughed at the following scene so hard I had tears in my eyes. I was still laughing at it well after the show ended. And I STILL laugh every single time I watch the clip on Youtube.


Best Sporting Event

I watch a LOT of sports, and just as with almost every other self-respecting southerner, I'm particularly fond of one college football team. You might've heard of them, they were undefeated this year and are playing against Oregon in the National Championship in just a few days. Regardless of how that game turns out, there's no denying that my Auburn Tigers had one hell of a season in 2010, and almost every game had it's ups and downs. But there was one game, the one that put me through the most emotional distress, the one that took me from the absolute lowest of lows before lifting me to the highest of highs. I screamed, I cursed, I laughed, I cried, I literally almost fainted. If you watched it, you already know what I'm talking about, and will undoubtedly agree that this year's Iron Bowl was the easy choice for the Best Sporting Event Bonesy.

Favorite T-Shirt

It's no secret that I have an unhealthy obsession with clothing, and t-shirts in particular. I have way more than any one man should. This past year, I hold Teefury personally responsible for my need for an additional closet. The Skeletons in my Closet posts I do offered up quite a few worthy contenders this year, but in all honesty there aren't many things in this world that are more awesome than Zombie Darth Maul, and then when you throw a Zombie Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine all on the same shirt together, well you get my $10 and you get yourself a Bonesy for Favorite T-Shirt.






Favorite OMG Moment at The Batcave

I'm always surprised and very thankful for any comments, additions to my Legion of Loyal Followers, or links to my little blog here. This year I had two correspondences that absolutely left my jaw on the floor. The first came from current Detective Comics writer Scott Snyder who thanked me through email for my post about Detective Comics #871. The freakin' writer of Detective Comics emailed me. That might not sound like much to you guys, but for me that is absolutely my geeky fanboyish dream come true. The second one though, is one that's been followed up by even more OMG moments and came after my posting the teaser for American Mary, and then mentioning that the Twisted Twins had another movie already in the works and I still hadn't seen Dead Hooker in a Trunk. They commented on the post, offering to send me a copy of the movie, then posted a link to the Batcave in a post on their blog, and are even following my pointlessly stupid tweets on Twitter. The Soska's are without a doubt two of the coolest people I've met in the horror community, plus they're from Canada which automatically makes them awesome, and I'm extremely grateful that they took the time to stop by the Batcave. Your Bonesy is in the mail, ladies!

Favorite Blogger Awards Show

What? This shit was fun!




And with that we've reached the end of the 32nd Annual Bonesys. In all seriousness, I want to give a very heartfelt thank you to everyone who found their way to the Batcave this year. I started the original Tales From the Batcave way back in 2004, just because all of my Xbox buddies had blogs, never expecting that I would still be at this 7 years later, or is it 6? Fuck you know what I mean. This past year has been my favorite since starting though I think, before I blogged just for fun, this year I used the blog not only for amusement but as a way to occupy myself at times when I felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders. So thank you for reading, thank you for commenting, thank you for joining my "Legion of Loyal Followers" lol, and most of all, thank you for "listening" even when it seemed like I didn't really have anything to say. In my own way, I did.

Now, let's put a wrap on all the sappy bullshit before I do any further damage to my hardcore image, I believe I promised a musical number. Out of all the award show performances I've seen over the years, only one has ever left me with a newfound level of love for not only the artist, but the network that aired it. I never much cared for Spike TV, until I saw Pinhead intro My Chemical Romance's performance of "Welcome to the Black Parade" at the Scream Awards in 2006. Might as well let them send the Bonesys off in style too! Enjoy the video, and look forward to even more mediocre blogging in 2011 from Tales From the Batcave!

5 comments:

Drake Sigar said...

I’m not entirely confident all of those Batman girls are legal.

Oh well!

Unknown said...

I can't say any of these Random Bonesys surprised me, but I still think this is my favorite category. It's a pretty good view into who you are while you are still guarded from revealing too much. Great job on these awards BTW. It's been awesome to follow.

Lissa Lycan said...

Hey, I think I deserve an award! I was a pretty awesome part of 2010 ;) lol

Mister Bones said...

And here I was *this* close to doing a Bonesy for the person who almost got me killed and/or arreseted the most too...

Lissa Lycan said...

Hilarious. But I think you know I meant something a little more touching than that...