Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Night Drive-In


It's Veteran's Day, and in the Batcave we're celebrating the only way we know how, breaking out the Uncle Sam dvd and getting tipsy! I know this may be another movie that a lot of you would turn your nose up at, but listen up ya horror snob, this is one damn entertaining movie. Plus it's got some serious sleaze and horror street cred, as William "Maniac, Maniac Cop, Vigilante" Lustig directs, and PJ Soles even has a bit part. I had zero expectations going in the first time, and I ended up having a blast with it. So much so that I watch it at least once a year, either on the 4th or Vets Day, and tonight I'm showing it at my Drive-in.

Sam Harper is killed in action in Desert Storm, and has his remains shipped home to his sister's house. After some teenagers burn an American Flag over his burial site, he returns from the grave on July fourth to wreak havoc and mercilessly slaughter all the unpatriotic people in town.


"I want YOU....Dead."

2 comments:

Lissa Lycan said...

Glad I'm not the only one who digs this movie. :)

WizWor said...

Bill Lustig owns my soul