Friday, August 12, 2011


Another zombie classic tonight at the Drive-In. Lucio Fulci's Zombie is often regarded as the "other" zombie flick in conversation, almost always the little brother to George Romero's Night of the Living Dead. Me? I like them both, but I saw Night first and to this day it remains my favorite zombie flick of all time. Still, Fulci's brings some memorable moments to the table, the infamous eyeball scene, and of course who could forget the zombie vs. shark scene?! Fun! It takes a while to get to the really good stuff, but it's worth the wait.

"Bryan, don't you understand? She's dead! There's nothing you can do."

4 comments:

WizWor said...

I've never been able to decide which I like more... Zombie, The Beyond, or City of the Living Dead. I will say I think Zombie has the best makeup FX, and a fantastic music theme.

J. Astro said...

To me, the eeriest part of ZOMBIE is the one dusty, windy shot of the abandoned village, with that one lone zombie shuffling through it, drums beating in the background. There's something just so desolate and hopeless and sorta dirty-feeling about that scene.

And Robo - MY personal fave is CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD/aka Gates of Hell for sure, dude. That buried alive scene alone gives me the queasies. Also - awesome head-drillin'.

WizWor said...

I was freakin blown away first time I saw that buried alive scene, for sure!

Mister Bones said...

City was playing at my favorite theater in Atlanta last week, they even had limited custom t-shirts made. I wasn't able to make it though, which sucked out loud. Stupid adult responsibilities...