Friday, August 5, 2011

Friday Night Drive-In


What the hell kind of Shark Week would this be without Jaws? Of course I wanted to post the original, but The Revenge is all I could find. This one I remember for 3 things, one the beginning is the best part when the guy gets his arm bitten off, two is when the people on the float get attacked, and lastly is that for some reason Jaws roars like a dragon when they shock him at the end. If you've never seen it, the quality here isn't great, nor is the movie itself but still it's worth watching at least once. Jaws eats a helicopter!

"No. He died of fear. Fear of that shark."


2 comments:

J. Astro said...

This is the one that I always refer to as "Christmas Shark", and it always kinda bums me out t'think that instead of opening presents and enjoying a snowy mid-December cozy night by the fire, some poor sap could be out getting eaten by a fucking fish. Not that I'm any sort of religious person, but somehow, that shit just seems wrong. Also, the concept that a shark would actually follow the family all the way down to the Bahamas makes the shark seem more like Max Cady from CAPE FEAR... kind of a stretch; I'm surprised the shark didn't frame them for tax evasion, while he was at it.

Mister Bones said...

Yeah that first attack sequence has always kinda gotten to me too. The rest of the movie is definitely "eh", but it's effective at least for a few minutes. There's no way I can watch a shark roar like a dragon and not laugh though.