Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year


Well, 2011 is over already, and all in all I have to say it wasn't much better than 2010, other than I didn't get laid off this year, which was nice. Work still sucks, but I had a job for the entirety of 2011 which I can't say was the case in 2010. I had something to post almost every day this year, which I had no intentions of doing when the year began, but after I noticed I had a bit of a streak going I decided to keep it up and see just how many posts I ended up with at the end of the year. For those keeping score, I ended up with 355 posts, so just 10 shy of every single day. Not bad, or absolutely ridiculous, depending on how you feel about a person having so little of a life that he's able to blog every single day in a year.

However, blogger was pretty good to me last year, with my incessant posting, and a bit of a shift in tone with Tales From the Batcave becoming more about horror and movies, and less about comics in general, I met a lot of great new people and added a ton of followers. From the bottom of my twisted, black, emotionless heart, I sincerely thank you all for reading my little unimportant corner of the interwebs. I thank those of you who take the time to comment, follow, link, and even care enough to drop me a line through email or other such method of communication. If not for you, I probably would've stopped doing this a long time ago, or at the very least gotten drunk and deleted this blog the way I did the original Tales From the Batcave, which I regret doing to this day.

As I look forward to 2012, I will likely not be going for any kind of blogger record with posts, nor will I even attempt to match this past year's output. My current plan is to cut back on posting a bit, post less filler so to speak, and to focus more on actually writing. That means I will likely only update when I actually have something to say, however unimportant or irrelevant it may be. Of course I will still throw up the random screen grabs, comic book panels taken completely out of context, and Friday Night Drive-In movies, because they're fun to do and I enjoy them even if nobody else does. But everything is going to be more streamlined, or that's the plan at least.

I urge everyone who's still into the blogging thing to keep at it, I enjoy reading blogs even more than I enjoy writing this one. My blogroll is filled with some extremely entertaining blogs done by very talented people, yet some of them haven't been updated in weeks, or worse, months. I demand to be entertained Don't give up! I look forward to see what some of you have in store for 2012, and hope to continue to discover new blogs and meet new people. It's a whole new year, and to be perfectly honest, it's not going to take much for it to top 2011. Fingers are crossed. Cheers!

3 comments:

Roscoe said...

Happy New Year, maybe 2012 will be better for us both! Thanks for everything.

J. Astro said...

Fuck you, my blog isn't MEANT to be entertaining, so there.

Happy New Year, Bonesy.

J. Astro said...

...oh, and a big THANK YOU for the shout-out over @ Famous Monsters!! Good to hear from a pal over there :D