Thursday, September 13, 2012


Haven't done one of these posts in a while, but I'm overly excited about the newest Batman Black and White statue, which came in this week, Joker designed by Brian Bolland. Comic fans need no introduction, but for those who may not be familiar, Bolland is the genius artist behind The Killing Joke, amongst other things, and more comic book cover art than I could possibly name. He's long been a favorite of mine, and to this day whenever I'm asked what my favorite Batman story of all time is, I answer Killing Joke.

Anyway, the statue itself is simply magnificent. The sculpt is superb, I love the design, love the posing, and there is some insane detail in the paint job. These Black and White's aren't cheap, but when they look this good, I definitely feel like it justifies the price tag. There have been several statues in the series that weren't Batman, but other characters like Catwoman, ManBat, Bane, etc., and this is the first I've actually ordered. I passed on a Jim Lee Joker, another Bolland statue of Penguin, and I came very close to ordering a Lee Bermejo Joker, but decided against it at the last minute. I couldn't resist this one though, knew I had to have it as soon as I saw it. One final side note, this is Brian's third Black and White statue, which puts him in the lead as far as number of times artists have been asked to contribute designs. Makes sense to me.





Huge thanks once again to Frank Browning for yet another graphic. He hooked up the all new "WDHGTWT" banner at the top of this post.

No comments: