Monday, September 3, 2012

Why Won't You Die...Nokes?


You know, I've done a few of these now, and I can honestly say that I've not written about a single character that turns my stomach the way this son of a bitch does. Not even the original inspiration behind these posts, Mrs. Carmody  from The Mist, makes me as physically angry as Wilkinson Correctional Facility for Boys guard Sean Nokes does.

Not content with simply being the bully that I assume most of the asshole guards in a place like this would be, Nokes puts in overtime on being an abusive prick. Throughout Sleepers we get to witness him not only physically and mentally abuse the boys, but also sexually abuse them as well. Naturally, being as I'm a farily good human being for the most part, this kind of shit makes me absolutely sick. Every time I watch the flick, I hate him even more than I did the last time. People like Nokes don't deserve to live, and thankfully he doesn't survive the movie.


It's a bit of a bittersweet resolution when the boys finally do get their revenge, as it's been years and they're all grown-ups, which means that motherfucker Nokes basically got away with what he was doing for years before finally getting his at the business end of a gun held by one of the boys he abused. At least it looked painful though, shot first in the balls, then in several other places before the final headshot. One death just isn't enough for a twisted fuck like Nokes, I wish they could've killed him twice. Burn in hell, you sick bastard!

1 comment:

Kweeny Todd said...

Agreed. I get sick to my stomach too when I watch Nokes on screen.