Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SASQUATCHFEST 2010!


Hate to disappoint those of you stopping by today in the hopes that I will have posted even more gift suggestions for you to buy me. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be perfectly fine, or easily exchanged for something that doesn't suck. Today I want to direct your attention to the new blog owned by my blog buddy J. Astro, Screen Grab! with J. Astro. He's kicking off SASQUATCHFEST 2010 this week, with posts related to bigfeet, abominable snowmen, wendigos, and all other manner of the creature in question.

He sent word out earlier this month offering guest spots for contributions, and in a shocking turn of events, one of the most anti-social, non-confident people in the universe actually sent an email asking if he could take part, ME. My idea was to do something a little different, just to mix up the flavor of Sasquatchfest by injecting a little of something other than horror, which is normally my niche. There just so happens to be a Bigfoot movie that I've loved since childhood, as I'm sure many of you have, and as such I decided to write about Harry and the Hendersons.

This is pretty much the first time I've written anything that didn't get posted here, or that I wasn't being forced to write for a class of some kind. So it was harder than I thought it would be, and I waited until the absolute last minute to send it to him. Little known secret about me, I live my life in constant fear of internet ridicule. Ok, not really, but it still made me nervous. I invite you all to check out Screen Grab! as it's consistently entertaining, filled with posts about obscure movies, and even more obscure boobs, and features one of the greatest gimmicks in blogger history, the Cage Match which pits two or more movie characters against each other in a battle to the death each week. Or if you'd just like to read my entry into Sasquatchfest, and see how horribly I failed, click here, you heartless bastard.

1 comment:

J. Astro said...

Oh, my man - dispense with all the false modesty- ;) hehehe... you neither sucked nor failed. Quite the opposite. You kicked off the Guest Villain spots for the week in grand style and for that, Screen Grab! and myself remain forever grateful.