Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fruit flavored hard candy, zombies, Solid Snakes, and scary little girls

Or "What I got for my birthday this year". This is the last birthday themed post for a while, I promise. But I had to give all my wonderful friends a shout-out and show off my birthday swag. Of course I'm too lazy to actually take pictures myself, so I've scoured the internet for visual aids. Again, my laziness knows no bounds.



My first gift was from the kiddos, F.E.A.R. 2 for my PS3. I loved the first game, and after finishing my first play through this morning, I gotta say I think I love the sequel even more. As good as it was, the first game took place mostly in one building and you had to travel between floors (which all pretty much looked the same). In the sequel, you actually move around a bit and the change of scenery was nice.

Like the first, this one had some really memorable creepy moments, but my favorite was the school when all the lights went out in the hallway. The lockers? Dude. You just have to play it to see what I'm talking about. Trust me, this game is awesome.



Next, when I got to work on Monday, I got a bag full of awesome from the Queen of the Shotgun herself, the incomparable Threels. For those not in the know, a bag full of awesome includes some fruity-liscious Trident gum, a 3.75 lb bag of the finest gourmet candies known to man, Jolly Ranchers, and a shiny copy of Metal Gear Solid 4, which I understand is the greatest game of all time. So far, I've only partaken of the Jolly Ranchers, but with F.E.A.R. 2 finished, I'll be jumping into Metal Gear this week. Snaaaaaaaake!!!!!



And finally, last but most certainly not least, I got my very own Dismember-Me Plush Zombie from Mister Binky. This thing is around 800 different kids of awesome. You can remove his head, arms, legs, and the brain he's holding in his hand and re-arrange them at will. You can also separate his legs from his torso, revealing some disgustingly hilarious entrails. That's how you spell fun with a capital "FUN" people. There are all sorts of neat things like this on thinkgeek.com, but you'd be hard pressed to find anything there more awesome than a plush zombie.

Bonus, check out the short film from the website for a laugh, ok maybe more like a chuckle, but still.



All this, and I've still got the Hockey Night Bash in Nashville with Frozin to go. It's really nice to have friends who "get" me, and I have some of the best in the world. Many thanks to everyone who made turning 31 less painful for me.

1 comment:

threels said...

Damn TPS reports!

Do you think they are hiring??